kpix-7-2013-masthead kcbs 7-2013-masthead

Firefighters

San Jose Firefighters tweeted this pic of a four alarm fire at the former home of KNTV near a Caltrain station. (Source: San Jose Fire Dept.)

Firefighters Battle 5-Alarm Blaze In Downtown San Jose Near Caltrain Station

A five-alarm blaze at a building that once housed the KNTV news station in downtown San Jose Sunday afternoon was brought under control, a fire dispatcher said.

04/13/2014

(CBS)

Firefighters Clean Up Diesel Spill In Marina Near Alameda

Firefighters cleaned up a diesel fuel spill at the Ballena Isle Marina Wednesday but were unable to determine the source of the spill, a fire captain said.

04/02/2014

fire generic

Residents Displaced By San Anselmo Apartment Fire

Residents at a San Anselmo apartment complex were displaced from multiple units when a two-alarm blaze broke out Saturday afternoon

03/30/2014

Firefighter Graphic

Smoke From Burned Granola Prompts Call To Oakland Firefighters

Firefighters cleared the scene of a building initially reported as the scene of a structure fire in West Oakland Thursday morning, a fire dispatcher said.

03/27/2014

Vallejo Fire Scene

Vallejo Firefighters Control 4-Alarm Blaze In Commercial Building

The fire was reported in a single-story building on California Street and Sonoma Boulevard at around 4:45 p.m., a Vallejo fire dispatcher said.

03/23/2014

fire truck generic

San Jose Church Goes Up In Flames

A converted home at a church went up in flames Friday morning in San Jose and firefighters were able to extinguish it before it spread to nearby houses, a fire captain said.

03/21/2014

Firefighter Graphic

15 Displaced, 1 Hurt In Richmond House Fire

Fifteen people were displaced and one person was hospitalized for breathing problems due to a fire that destroyed a house in Richmond early Saturday morning.

03/15/2014

Chopper 5 over a fire at a construction site at 4th Street and China Basin in San Francisco on March 11, 2014. (CBS)

San Francisco Mission Bay Construction Worker Watches Work Go Up In Flames

A carpenter watched six-months worth of work go up in flames during Tuesday’s Mission Bay fire. The apartment complex under construction is now considered a total loss.

03/12/2014

Max, a German shepherd who pulled his owner out of bed as their home filled with carbon monoxide. (CBS)

Hero Dog Saves Elderly Novato Man From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A Novato man’s dog – obtained from a rescue organization – is being credited with returning the favor by saving his life after he was overcome with carbon monoxide poisoning.

03/05/2014

San Jose firefighters on the scene of a fatal fire Tuesday morning, February 25th. (CBS)

1 Killed In San Jose Fire

One person has died in a two-alarm in San Jose’s Buena Vista neighborhood Tuesday morning, a fire captain said.

02/25/2014

more