Central Valley Boy May Be Charged For Slipping Laxative In Teacher's CoffeePolice say a California eighth-grader might face criminal charges after he put laxative pills in his teacher's coffee.
Livermore In-N-Out Burger Closed After Customers SickenedAn In-N-Out Burger restaurant in Livermore has been closed after a number customers reported getting sick, the company said Wednesday.
Common Bacteria Caused Antioch Thanksgiving Dinner DeathsA common food-borne bacteria was responsible for three deaths and the illnesses suffered by 22 others following a Thanksgiving meal sponsored by a community church at Antioch’s American Legion auditorium.
Police Arrest Tahoe Food-Tampering SuspectPolice have arrested a 43-year-old man believed to have doused two self-serve food bars with chemicals that caused multiple cases of apparent food poisoning at a South Lake Tahoe shopping mall.
Amy Schumer Shares Food Poisoning Battle On InstagramThe comedian posted a picture on Instagram of herself in bed alongside boyfriend with a caption , "Thanks for everything Paris! Except the food poisoning"
Food Poisoning Benches A's Ace Sonny Gray For OpenerOakland ace Sonny Gray has been scratched from his opening day start because of food poisoning.
Shigella Bacterial Outbreak At San Jose Restaurant Grows To 5 CountiesSeventy-two people are currently infected with the Shigella bacteria. Fifty-five are in Santa Clara County. The remaining 17 are in Santa Cruz, Alameda, Marin and Merced counties.
Nearly 100 Sickened In Shigella Outbreak Linked To San Jose Mexican Restaurant, Lawsuits FiledTwo lawsuits were filed Wednesday against the owners of a San Jose Mexican restaurant where the food has made nearly 100 people ill and left 24 people with confirmed cases of Shigella, a contagious diarrhoeal disease.
Shigella Bacteria Infections From San Jose Seafood Restaurant RiseAt least 80 people have been sickened with an infectious diarrhoeal disease after eating at a Mexican seafood restaurant in San Jose, Santa Clara County public health officials announced Tuesday.
Dozens Attending NAACP Gala At Redwood City Hotel Sickened After Meal Of Salmon, SaladMore than 50 attendees attending an NAACP gala in Redwood City Saturday evening were sickened by a case of possible food poisoning.
Benicia Teacher Accused Of Feeding Colleagues Pot-Laced FoodBenicia police have arrested an elementary school teacher on poisoning charges after she allegedly fed her co-workers marijuana-laced food at an employee pot luck.
Health Department Warns Against Eating Some Marin ShellfishThe California Department of Public Health has issued a warning against eating recreationally harvested mussels, clams or whole scallops from Marin County.