kpix-7-2013-masthead kcbs 7-2013-masthead

Gas leak

(CBS)

Store Evacuated At San Jose Mall After Natural Gas Line Rupture

A Smart & Final store at the Westgate Mall in San Jose was evacuated Thursday morning after a forklift working behind the building struck and ruptured a natural gas line, an emergency dispatcher said.

04/10/2014

(credit: Anna Duckworth/KCBS)

SF Police Close Pacific Heights Intersection Because Of Gas Leak

San Francisco police closed a busy intersection in Lower Pacific Heights and evacuated some of the surrounding buildings for about an hour Thursday because of a gas leak at a construction site.

04/03/2014

Skyline High School (Oakland USD)

Gas Leak Cancels Class At Oakland’s Skyline High 2nd Time In Two Weeks

Skyline High School in Oakland was evacuated Tuesday morning after someone reported the smell of gas on campus.

02/25/2014

(CBS)

Gas Leak At San Jose Apartment Complex Prompts Evacuations

The San Jose Fire Department and PG&E crews responded to a gas leak that prompted evacuations at an apartment complex, but the leak was quickly capped,

02/19/2014

Scene outside The Butler & The Chef restaurant on South Park St. in San Francisco where a gas line was ruptured. (CBS)

Daycare Children Among Evacuated From San Francisco SoMa Gas Line Rupture

A number of evacuations and street closures were ordered briefly Tuesday morning following a gas line rupture in San Francisco’s South of Market area, authorities said.

02/18/2014

rime scene tape, police line, generic

Students Sent To Hospital After Alameda School Gas Leak

Fourteen students reported feeling ill after breathing gas fumes from a leak that occurred in a science room at Encinal High School in Alameda Tuesday morning, Alameda fire Capt. James Colburn said.

02/11/2014

rime scene tape, police line, generic

Broken Gas Line In San Jose Neighborhood Is Capped

Residents were told to shelter in place in a San Jose neighborhood where a broken gas line was reported Wednesday morning, authorities said.

01/29/2014

(CBS)

Gas Leak Prompts Shelter-In-Place Warning For Atherton Residents

Residents were being advised to shelter in place near a reported gas leak in Atherton Friday morning, police said.

01/24/2014

A fire truck is parked outside of Colonial Acres Elementary School in Hayward during a gas leak, January 7, 2014. (CBS)

Gas Leak Disrupts Classes At Hayward Elementary School

A gas leak at an elementary school in Hayward disrupted classes for a short time Tuesday morning, according to authorities.

01/07/2014

A firefighter at the scene of a gas leak at The Alameda and Morrison Street in San Jose, December 17, 2013. (CBS)

San Jose Gas Leak Prompts Shelter-In-Place Warning In Downtown Area

Crews have capped a gas leak that started in downtown San Jose late Tuesday morning and prompted shelter-in-place advisories for nearby residents and businesses.

12/17/2013

more