3 Houses Evacuated After Car Crashes Into Home, Breaking Gas MeterAuthorities are evacuating three houses in Antioch Wednesday afternoon after a car crashed into a house and broke a gas meter, a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District fire marshal said.
Gas Leak Shelter-In-Place Order Lifted For Antioch Mobile Home ParkA shelter-in-place order for residents of a mobile home park in Antioch has been lifted after PG&E stopped a gas leak in the area Thursday morning, fire and PG&E officials said.
San Jose Construction Crew Hits Gas Line; Leak Forces Businesses To EvacuateA dozen businesses in San Jose were evacuated Tuesday afternoon because of a gas leak caused when a construction crew hit a high-pressure gas line, according to the San Jose Fire Department.
Unbraked Parked Car In Martinez Rolls Into Gas Meter, Resulting In Brief Shelter-in-Place Order For Nearby HomesA shelter-in-place order was lifted for Martinez residents in the area immediately surrounding an accident involving a gas leak Thursday morning, according to Contra Costa fire officials.
2 Staff Members Injured In Gas Explosion At Vallejo High School; Lines Had Been Shutoff Since Napa QuakeVallejo High School was evacuated after an a maintenance worker trying to re-light the pilot caused an explosion, seriously injuring himself and at least one other staff member. School has since resumed.
Gas Leak Capped Near Alamo Elementary School, Students Released EarlyA PG&E crew has capped a gas leak in Alamo this morning that has prompted a nearby elementary school to release students earlier than scheduled, utility and school officials said.
Oakland Schools, City Hall, Federal Building Evacuated Because Of Gas OdorAll Oakland public schools were dismissed Thursday after a strong odor of natural gas spread through the city.
Father, Son Found Dead In Mountain View Apartment With Gas Leak IdentifiedThe bodies discovered decomposing Wednesday in an apartment complex in Mountain View that had a strong gas odor were father Lian Liu and his son.
Construction Mishap Ruptures Gas Line In Antioch Forcing EvacuationsHomes were evacuated in Antioch Sunday morning after a construction crew mishap caused a gas leak.
Buildings In Mountain View Neighborhood Evacuated Due To Smell Of Gas Mountain View police and fire are investigating a possible hazardous materials incident at 2025 California St. Wednesday night, a fire spokesman said.
San Mateo High School Closed Due To Gas LeakSan Mateo High School is closed Wednesday morning because of a gas leak reported on the campus Tuesday night.
Evacuation Lifted For Hundreds Of Campbell Residents Following Gas Main LeakUtility crews have stopped the leak of a 4-inch natural gas main in Campbell Monday morning that had prompted police to evacuate hundreds of residents near a construction project, a police captain said.