Hazmat teams at San Francisco International Airport determined the unusual odor from luggage aboard a Chicago-bound plane originated from a bottle of hairspray.
A hazardous materials crew is cleaning up a “chemical soup” at an automotive plating and metal work business in North San Jose where a four-alarm fire took place earlier Tuesday morning, a fire captain said.
Monterey firefighters have evacuated a portion of a shopping center this afternoon after employees at an Apple electronics store said they felt sick after receiving a package with an unknown substance, the city’s fire chief said.
Fire crews evacuated at least one building in Sunnyvale Thursday afternoon after reports of a hazmat situation.
An evacuation order in Pittsburg has been lifted Wednesday evening after a leak on a railcar at a Union Pacific Railroad yard that was initially thought to be flammable propane turned out to be lubricating oil, according to a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District official.
It is still unclear what caused a suspicious smell that briefly shut down a portion of Kaiser Hospital in Santa Clara Sunday night, a hospital official said
Nurses in the Bay Area, and all over the nation, are worried that if they have to help treat an Ebola patient, their lives would be in danger because they say the government does not require that they wear the highest level of protective gear.
Fears over the deadly Ebola virus are leading to stricter precautions at Bay Area hospitals, at airports across the nation, and overseas, but this flight from Philadelphia to Punta Cana is one of the most frightening examples of precautions, as a full crew in bio-containment suits boarded the plane.
Hazmat Scare Prompts Evacuation Of Building Across Street From AT&T Park; Package Turns Out To Be Bottle Of Booze
San Francisco’s China Basin Building was briefly evacuated Tuesday morning after a call of a suspicious package, which ended up being a bottle of booze, prompted a Hazmat team and the bomb squad to respond.
A post office in San Francisco’s Sunset District has been evacuated after a substance spilled in the lobby caused people to experience irritation in their eyes, noses and throats, according to a fire official.