Severe Cockroach Infestation Closes Famed SF Pizza ShopA popular pizza shop by the Powell Street cable car turnaround in San Francisco was closed by the health department.
Dave & Buster’s At Great Mall In Milpitas Warning Customers About Measles Exposure On MLK Day Santa Clara health officials are warning people who visited a popular restaurant in Milpitas last week that they may have been exposed to the measles virus.
Video Shows San Francisco Restaurant Worker 'Tenderizing' Meat On SidewalkA viral video shot outside a San Francisco restaurant may have people thinking twice about eating out.
Customers Can Soon Play With Adoptable Cats At San Francisco 'KitTea' Cafe There's a new way to find a pet at this upcoming San Francisco cafes where adoptable kitties mingle with cafe customers.
Santa Clara County Supervisors Consider Restaurant Report Cards Restaurants in Santa Clara County could soon be required to display color-coded scorecards showing patrons their history of health violations.
Food Handler's Hepatitis-A Diagnosis Prompts Warning From SF Health DepartmentA food handler in San Francisco’s North Beach neighborhood has been diagnosed with Hepatitis A, a city public health department spokeswoman said. Anyone who ate at Comstock Saloon, located at 155 Columbus Ave., and ate or drank in the restaurant on Dec. 12, 13, 14, 15 or 19, may have been exposed to the disease. “The worker is currently restricted from work until he or she is no longer contagious. The risk of a restaurant patron having been infected is extremely low, but we need the medical community and restaurant patrons to be aware of the possibility of contracting this disease,” city Health officer Dr. Tomas Aragon said in a statement released Tuesday. Anyone who has been vaccinated for Hepatitis A is protected and does not need to seek treatment but those who are unvaccinated should consult their medical provider and receive a vaccine, which can protect a person within 14 days of possible exposure. Signs of contracting the disease won’t be visible until two to six weeks after ingesting food or drink handled by an infected person. Symptoms of Hepatitis A include mild fever, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, right upper abdominal pain, dark urine and jaundice. San Francisco residents who ate or drank at Comstock Saloon at the listed dates should contact their medical provider or call 311 or (415) 701-2311 for more information. Patrons from outside San Francisco should contact their local health department for assistance.
San Francisco Dept. Of Public Health Office Evacuated Over Suspicious PackageThe discovery of a suspicious package shut down a San Francisco Public Health Department building in the city’s South of Market neighborhood Monday morning.
San Francisco Twin Peaks Bakery Closed By Health Officials Over Vermin InfestationSan Francisco public health officials have shut down a once popular bakery in San Francisco's Twin Peaks neighborhood last Tuesday.
Shuttered SF Restaurant Gets List Of Needed Health UpgradesThe owner of San Francisco Chinatown's Sam Wo restaurant, has been given a "to-do" list, iin order to re-open the storied eatery, which closed Friday for code violations. Long-time customers of the restaurant turned out in force at a public health department hearing Tuesday morning to offer support.
Bedbug Complaints Soar In San FranciscoSouth of Market hotels appear to have been hit especially hard by a recent bed beg infestation, and as KCBS' Bob Melrose reports, the recent heat wave is taking a fair share of the blame.