A gang member was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison for killing a 3-year-old boy and wounding two alleged gang rivals in a shooting in East Oakland three years ago.
Two reputed gang members were convicted Monday of first-degree murder and other charges for a shooting in East Oakland three years ago that claimed the life of a 3-year-old boy.
Lawyer For Suspect Accused In 2011 Killing Of Oakland 3-Year-Old Says Prosecutor, Cop, Witnesses Are Lying
The defense lawyer for a reputed gang member who is accused of firing the shot that killed 3-year-old Carlos Nava in East Oakland three years ago alleged Wednesday that the prosecutor, a police officer and key witnesses are lying about the evidence in the case.
Two reputed gang members were ordered Thursday to stand trial on murder and premeditated attempted murder charges for a drive-by shooting in East Oakland two years ago that left 3-year-old Carlos Nava dead and two men wounded.
The suspected gunman and the suspected driver in the drive-by shooting death of 3-year-old Carlos Nava in East Oakland on Aug. 8 both pleaded not guilty Monday.
The suspected driver in the drive-by shooting death of 3-year-old Carlos Nava in East Oakland on Aug. 8 was arraigned Tuesday on one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder.
A private funeral was held Tuesday morning for 3-year-old Carlos Nava at an East Oakland church near where the toddler was killed in a drive-by shooting last week.
A second man has been arrested in the death of a 3-year-old boy who was killed in a drive-by shooting along a busy Oakland street, authorities said Monday.
The man accused of murdering 3-year-old Carlos Nava in a drive-by shooting in East Oakland on Monday was assigned an attorney from the Alameda County Public Defender’s Office at a brief hearing on Friday.
A brief court appearance occurred Friday for a 26-year-old alleged gang member accused in the fatal drive-by shooting of a 3-year-old Oakland boy, while family members maintained the man’s innocence.