kpix-7-2013-masthead kcbs 7-2013-masthead

Natural gas

A gas leak in Alamo prompted evacuations. (CBS)

Alamo Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations

An evacuation order was lifted and roads mostly reopened Wednesday afternoon after a gas line that was accidentally ruptured by a construction crew Wednesday morning in Alamo was capped.

07/24/2013

Commerce Energy. (CBS)

ConsumerWatch: New Bay Area Energy Firm Draws Complaints

Deregulation of the energy industry allows California consumers a chance to shop around for gas and electricity providers. But consumers should watch out for pressure tactics to switch.

06/20/2013

A worker surveys a burned home near the epicenter of the gas line explosion that devastated a neighborhood in San Bruno. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

PG&E Calls $2.25 Billion Fine For San Bruno Blast Excessive

The utility responsible for a deadly pipeline explosion in San Bruno said Friday that the record $2.25 billion in fines being sought by state regulators is illegally excessive, but did not offer a specific dollar figure it considers reasonable.

05/24/2013

(CBS)

Gas Line Break Forces Hours Of Evacuations In San Jose

Residents of more than a dozen homes in East San Jose were evacuated for four hours today after PG&E crews accidentally ruptured a plastic natural gas pipe, a utility spokesman said.

04/18/2013

A chimney is all that remains at a burned home near the epicenter of the gas line explosion that devastated a neighborhood in San Bruno. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

PG&E Reports Progress On Safety Following San Bruno Blast

More than two and a half years after a pipeline explosion killed eight people in San Bruno, Pacific Gas & Electric Co. said Tuesday it has made sure that all of its gas transmission lines coursing through urban areas are running at safe operating pressures.

03/26/2013

(CBS)

Worker Punctures Gas Line, Sparking Fire In Berkeley

An underground gas line near the driveway of a Berkeley home was punctured by a worker doing excavation on Tuesday, causing a fire that burned the front of the home and a van parked outside.

03/12/2013

(Adam Jan/AFP/Getty Images)

2 Danville Schools Sheltering In Place Due To Gas Odor

Two Danville schools were sheltering in place as fire and PG&E crews investigated the source of a natural gas odor reported in the area, a San Ramon Valley Fire District spokeswoman said.

12/12/2012

A power cable from a vehicle charging station is seen plugged into the side of a Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid August 25, 2010 in San Francisco. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Federal Grant To Help Bay Area Companies Use Alternative Fuel Vehicles

The federal government has approved a $1 million grant that Bay Area air quality regulators hope will simplify the process for companies interested in vehicle fleets that run on hydrogen and natural gas.

12/06/2012

(CBS)

Dublin Target Store, Nearby Restaurant Evacuated Due To Gas Leak

A Dublin Target store and a nearby restaurant were evacuated Monday morning because of a gas leak, an Alameda County fire official said.

11/12/2012

A firefighter carries equipment as he battles a massive fire in a residential neighborhood September 9, 2010 in San Bruno, California. (Getty Images)

Mitchell Steps Down From PG&E San Bruno Blast Mediation

San Bruno Mayor Jim Ruane is applauding the decision by former Sen. George Mitchell to step away from talks over how much Pacific Gas and Electric should be fined for the deadly 2010 pipeline disaster in his city’s Crestmoor neighborhood.

10/26/2012

more

previous