The decision stems from the disclosure of several private emails earlier this year between a PG&E executive and CPUC officials in a case over utility rates.
Pacific Gas & Electric Co. plans to appeal a $1.4 billion penalty recommended by California regulatory judges for a gas pipeline explosion in a San Francisco suburb that killed eight people, the utility said in a filing Wednesday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
The California Public Utilities Commission has levied a $1.4 billion fine against PG&E the result of an investigation behind the utility’s operations and practices including the lead-up to the San Bruno pipeline explosion in 2010.
Pacific Gas & Electric Co. is bracing itself for a new federal indictment against the company next month in connection with a deadly pipeline explosion that leveled a suburban California neighborhood in 2010.
While PG&E has been claiming it is being accountable for the San Bruno pipeline accident that killed eight people and resulted in federal felony charges being filed against the corporation Monday, the company’s executives have yet to face the media, instead choosing to distribute “video news releases” of edited sound bites for the media to use, in addition to purchasing television advertising.
The City of San Bruno is suing the California Public Utilities Commission to force the release of documents the city claims will show improper conduct between CPUC regulators and Pacific Gas and Electric company.
Pacific Gas & Electric Co. expects to pay a total of $565 million in legal settlements and other claims from a deadly 2010 gas pipeline explosion in a San Francisco Bay Area suburb, the utility said.
Three years after a deadly PG&E pipeline explosion in San Bruno, a spokeswoman for the San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office told KCBS that they will not be filing criminal charges against the utility.
Nearly three years after a deadly pipeline explosion ripped through a San Bruno neighborhood, Pacific Gas & Electric Co. admitted Friday that it gave flawed reports about the safety of its pipelines after the disaster.
Sept. 9 will mark three years since the devastating pipeline explosion that rocked San Bruno; it will also be the final day for San Mateo County prosecutors and the State of California to file criminal charges against the utility for the deadly 2010 incident that claimed 8 lives, injured many, and leveled entire homes.