An increasing number of dogs are being rushed to Bay Area emergency veterinary clinics after eating marijuana intended for human consumption. Experts say dogs left untreated after ingesting pot can suffer serious consequences, including coma and death.
A puppy out on a walk in Mill Valley became one of the latest victim of an increasing trend: pets poisoned after ingesting marijuana.
A Novato man’s dog – obtained from a rescue organization – is being credited with returning the favor by saving his life after he was overcome with carbon monoxide poisoning.
A dog owned by a Northern California researcher studying how a rat poison affects endangered species was killed by the same poison intentionally left for the dog, according to the owner.
The superintendent of an East Bay school district spoke out Monday following word of the arrest of a teacher for allegedly feeding co-workers food laced with marijuana.
Benicia police have arrested an elementary school teacher on poisoning charges after she allegedly fed her co-workers marijuana-laced food at an employee pot luck.
Recently, poisonous meatballs were discovered in several San Francisco neighborhoods. Obviously, it was a major problem and of concern for owners of dogs and cats.
Oskar, one of the dogs who recently consumed poisoned meatballs left on the streets in the hills of San Francisco, has died.
With no arrest yet for the rat poisoned meatballs left on sidewalks in the Upper Market area, San Francisco officials said Wednesday they are still concerned that not all of the meatballs have been located.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office will not be filing charges against a woman who was accused of placing rubbing alcohol in two bottles of orange juice at a Starbucks in San Jose last month, a prosecutor said Friday.