Shelter in place
St. Luke’s Hospital in San Francisco’s Mission District was placed under a shelter-in-place order Tuesday afternoon because of a gas leak, a hospital spokesman said.
Two Danville schools were sheltering in place as fire and PG&E crews investigated the source of a natural gas odor reported in the area, a San Ramon Valley Fire District spokeswoman said.
A pool cleaning chemical that created a vapor cloud in Mill Valley Friday morning prompted a shelter in place warning for residents and a nearby elementary school, a Marin County sheriff’s dispatcher said.
A shooting in a Concord neighborhood Monday morning is being investigated as an officer-involved shooting, according to police.
A grass fire near a Martinez high school prompted a brief shelter-in-place order for students late Thursday morning, a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District captain said.
A false alarm was sent out Wednesday morning by Contra Costa Health Services warning Martinez residents that there was an emergency at the Shell refinery.
Several residents said they never received a call about a shelter-in-place following Monday’s fire at the Chevron refinery in Richmond.
Crews have fully contained at a 3-alarm fire that followed an explosion at the Chevron refinery in Richmond Monday night. The fire caused shelter-in-place warnings for several East Bay communities, and a number of people checked in to local hospitals complaining of respiratory problems.
The discovery of a suspicious device prompted a shelter-in-place order on New Montgomery Street in San Francisco Tuesday afternoon, a police spokesman said.
San Francisco police issued a shelter in place in the 3100 block of Pacific Avenue, near Lyon Street, because of a “natural gas issue.