About 40 people, mostly children, fell ill Thursday afternoon due to a possible chemical exposure at an East Bay water park.
A fourth bat found in Alameda County this month has tested positive for rabies, county health officials said Thursday.
Rising Ocean Temperatures The Likely Cause For More Than 100 Sea Lions Pups Needing Care At Marine Mammal Center In Sausalito
Ocean temperatures are 2-5 degrees above normal near the Channel Islands, meaning fish are moving to warmer waters and adult sea lions are having to travel further for food.
A first grader with Leukemia plead with school board members in Tiburon Tuesday night to get all children vaccinated against the measles.
84% Of Kindergartners Not Up-To-Date On Vaccines At A Marin School, Majority Of Students Unprotected At Many Private Schools
The Bay Area is home to pockets of unvaccinated school children numbering in the thousands, according to data from the California Department of Public Health, and Marin public schools showed some of the lowest vaccination rates in the state with many private religious and Waldorf schools reporting a majority of students not up to date on vaccines.
Should Your Office Have Flu Etiquette? How One Silicon Valley Tech Company Is Keeping Its Workers Healthy
With flu season at epidemic levels in California, many companies are adopting a flu etiquette that includes no shaking hands and having sanitary face masks available.
Wildlife experts are still tying to identify a mystery substance that has covered and killed at least 80 birds on the East Bay shoreline.
With flu cases spiking in Santa Clara County, hospitals are taking extra steps to keep the virus out by creating tough restrictions for people visiting loved ones in the hospital.
As predicted, this year’s flu vaccine is doing a pretty crummy job. It’s only 23 percent effective, primarily because it doesn’t include the bug that is making most people sick, according to a government study released Thursday.
A lawsuit has been filed after a Santa Cruz County woman’s family says she became ill, and eventually died due to listeria from a caramel apple she bought at a local Safeway grocery store.