Bear repellent was to blame for the evacuation of a hotel in Fisherman’s Wharf and the hospitalization of three people on Monday, San Francisco police and fire officials said Tuesday.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has pleaded guilty to charges the company dumped hazardous waste in California.
Many parents who wouldn’t dream of exposing their babies to toxic chemicals may inadvertently be doing just that by purchasing nursing pillows and car seats that conform to California’s current flammability standard, according to Arlene Blum.
State toxic substances regulators have fined a large hazardous waste dump in Central California more than $300,000 for failing to report 72 small spills over a four-year period.
One of Silicon Valley’s dirty secrets is coming back to haunt Google with toxic vapors.
A woman who ate six “death cap” mushrooms is lucky to be alive and talking about it. But, don’t chalk it up to luck. Instead, chalk it up to the Santa Cruz hospital where she was treated – and one of the doctors who practices there.
A campaign to discourage San Francisco nail salons from exposing customers and employees to the toxic chemicals common in many nail polishes and nail polish removers has started to yield some success, city officials said Wednesday.
The annual holiday toy risk report compiled by the California Public Interest Research Group suggests that a number of potentially dangerous and toxic toys are available this year on store shelves.
The air quality in western Contra Costa County was determined safe after test results for 23 petroleum-related pollutants were analyzed Tuesday after a fire at a Chevron refinery in Richmond on Monday night, according to the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
Two years after nearly 200 manufacturers and sellers of women’s accessories agreed to strict limits on the the amount of lead in their products, items with the toxic metal are still turning up on store shelves.