Scientists say they’ve isolated a virus they believe is causing sea stars to die on the west coast.
A surgeon who contracted Ebola in his native Sierra Leone died Monday while being treated in a biocontainment unit at a Nebraska hospital, the facility said.
San Mateo County health officials have determined a norovirus outbreak caused more than 50 people at a Redwood City hotel to fall ill last month.
Officials on Monday night released the advice, which health workers had pushed hard for after two Dallas nurses became infected while caring for the first person diagnosed with the virus in the United States.
EBOLA REALITY CHECK: With Ebola Outbreak Hype Gripping America, Some Facts To Put It All In Perspective
It could be the fear of a hemorrhagic fever escaping from Africa, attacking the very heartland of America. It could be pictures of victims bleeding from every part of their body, writing in pain. The disease is fearsome, but beyond the sensational headlines, a little perspective may help calm fears.
7 Flights Made Before Ebola Victim’s Frontier Airlines Jet Decontaminated, Complete List Of Flight Numbers Impacts Over 750 People
Frontier Airlines is replacing seat covers, carpeting, and air filters around the seat where the Ebola victim traveled, and now revealed the jet made seven flights before being pulled out of service for proper sterilization.
Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg says he and his wife Priscilla are donating $25 million to the Centers for Disease Control Foundation to fight the spread of the Ebola virus.
The CDC urged all hospitals across the U.S. to be on the lookout for patients with Ebola-like symptoms after a Texas nurse contracted the deadly virus. UCSF said hospital workers are regularly trained in infection prevention.
Nurses in the Bay Area, and all over the nation, are worried that if they have to help treat an Ebola patient, their lives would be in danger because they say the government does not require that they wear the highest level of protective gear.
A Texas health care worker has tested positive for Ebola even though she wore full protective gear while caring for a hospitalized patient who later died from the virus, health officials said Sunday.