If you choose to get hammered on New Year’s Eve, rest assured you can get home safely for free via bus, train or light rail if you live anywhere other than the East Bay and North Bay. Within San Francisco, get free rides on Muni (including the cable cars) all night starting at 8pm on December 31, 2012.
All details have been confirmed with the transit agencies for December 31, 2012.
For more, visit sf.funcheap.com
Free rides on all Muni lines & routes (including cable cars) from 8pm NYE until 6am on New Year’s Day. There will be additional Metro service from 9pm to 2:15am from West Portal to Caltrain and until 4am from Embarcadero to West Portal Station
Extra Owl Service – Buses run every 15 minutes (instead of every 30) from 1pm to 5am
5 Fulton, 14 Mission, 22 Fillmore, 24 Divisadero, 38 Geary, 90 Owl, 91 Owl, and L and N Owl motor coach service.
Free rides on all routes (including RediWheels and RediCoast) from 11pm until 2am. SamTrans will operate on their Sunday schedule on New Year’s Day.
Free rides after 11 pm and there is extended service after midnight. Four extra trains depart San Francisco southbound – 12:45am, 1:15am, 1:45am, and 2:15am to accommodate celebrants heading back down the Peninsula and to the South Bay. Caltrain operates on the Sunday schedule on New Year’s Day.
Free bus and light rail service from 7pm on New Year’s Eve until 3:59am on New Year’s Day.
Last Train Times
Light Rail (Alum Rock- Santa Teresa and Mountain View-Winchester lines)
- Last trip leaving Santa Teresa at 1:53am
- Last trip leaving Alum Rock at 1:34am
- Last trip leaving Winchester at 1:12am
- Last trip leaving Mountain View at 10:50pm – Last trip leaving Baypointe at 1:27am
Express Line 180/181 (to the Fremont BART Station)
- Last Northbound bus leaving Diridon Station at 2:04am arriving at Fremont BART at 2:47am
- Last Southbound bus leaving Fremont BART at 3:04am arriving at 2nd & Santa Clara at 3:41am (does not go to the Diridon Station)
No special fares for New Year’s Eve, but there will be extended service until 3am. The best tip we can give is to buy your round trip ticket in advance to avoid a line on the way home.
“Skip Stop” Schedule at Embarcadero & Montgomery
To help ease overcrowding due to the New Year’s Eve fireworks show at Pier 14, some trains will not stop at either Embarcadero or Montgomery Street stations during peak hours.
- Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond trains will not stop at Embarcadero Station until 1:40am – Use Montgomery Station instead
- Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont trains will not stop at Montgomery Street Station until 1:26am – Use Embarcadero Station
Last Trains from Embarcadero:
- To Dublin/Pleasanton & Richmond at 3:16am – Full Service
- To Pittsburgh/Bay Point & Fremont at 3:26am (no trains at Embarcadero from midnight to 1:40am – use Montgomery instead)
- To Millbrae at 3:32am
- To SFO at 4:02am
Last Trains from Montgomery Street Station:
- To Dublin/Pleasanton & Richmond at 3:15am (no trains at Montgomery from 12:06am to 1:26am – use Embarcadero instead)
- To Pittsburgh/Baypoint & Fremont at 3:24am – Full Service
- To Millbrae at 3:33am
- To SFO at 4:04am
Free Downtown Oakland B Shuttle:
Downtown Oakland’s free Broadway shuttle will be running on New Year’s Eve on 12/31/12 from 7pm to 1am.
Hop on and hop off at any stop between Embarcadero West (Jack London Square) and 27th Street. Shuttles run every 15 minutes.
Revelers in San Francisco will be offered a potentially life saving treat this New Year’s Eve, December 31, 2012 – a free cab ride home.
Free Cab Tips:
- Only valid for called cabs, not if you hail one in the street
- Be patient when calling – it may be tough to get through over the phone
- Cabs will take you home from a bar, restaurant or club (not from house parties) – not to other bars
- Don’t forget to tell driver “Berg Injury Lawyers is picking up the tab”
- The first $35 of the fare will be covered, you must cover the rest.
- Free cab rides offered 10pm on New Year’s Eve through 3am.
- Don’t forget to tip like a rockstar
Cab rides are made available to area residents who otherwise might attempt to drive home after drinking. Rides are provided from bars & restaurants (not from house parties) to an individual’s residence and not to other drinking locations.
Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home Program | New Year’s Eve
Berg Injury Lawyers will be offering free cab rides home in San Francisco from 10pm on Monday, December 31, 2012 through 3am on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 through Luxor Cab.
- San Francisco (within city limits), call Luxor Cab at (415) 282-4141. Tell them “Berg Injury Lawyers is picking up the tab” ($35 Limit)
Trouble getting a cab?
Free Rides Home on New Year’s Eve | Free Tows, Free Muni, Free Caltrain
December 31, 2012 | All Night
If you can’t get through over the phone to hail your free cab, don’t worry – Muni is free all night (8pm to 6am), AAA is offering free “Tipsy Tows” for you and your car (even if you’re not a AAA member), plus Caltrain, VTA, Samtrans and the B Broadway shuttle all offer free rides.