SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – As if you needed an excuse to shop, ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ is an annual event taking place all over the country on September 8th, that makes shoppers descend on retail outlets including San Francisco, looking for great deals and fun shopping parties.
Much like Bay Area based, Bebe who held ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ parties where their guests walked away with free gifts provided they were to spend over $100.READ MORE: Tsunami Alert Forces Daylong Evacuation of Berkeley Marina
99.7 NOW radio and their “Entourage” was out at the Shops At Tanforan in San Bruno for their ‘Fashion’s Night Out’. Many people came to donate clothes for Career Closet, a non-profit organization in Northern California helping women dress better for their jobs allowing for self empowerment. Many also left with free gift bags courtesy of the Tanforan Mall.
PICTURES: Fashion’s Night Out @ Tanforan Mall
FuncheapSF’s Top Fashion’s Night Out Events for 2011
- Macy’s – DJs, Food, Wine, Mocktails and Sonja Morgan of The Real Housewives of New York City (5p-8p), 170 O’Farrell St., Union Square, SF
- 7×7 + Neiman Marcus – Fall fashion show, art show and free cupcakes from Mission Minis – Free with RSVP (6p-8p); 150 Stockton, SF
- Banana Republic – Free refreshments, food and mini makeovers from Body Shop (5p-8p); 256 Grant Avenue, SF
- Bloomingdales – Enter to win a trip to NYC and get a sneak peak at NBC’s fall lineup including The Playboy Club (all day); 845 Market Street, SF
- Betsey Johnson – Live models, cookies, cupcakes, champagne and a chance to win your very own Betsey tote. (6p-9p); 160 Geary, SF; San Francisco Centre, SF
- GUCCI – Serving prosecco and Italian specialty cocktails. (6p-8p); 240 Stockton, SF
- Kenneth Cole – Cocktails and canapés all night. Receive a free Kenneth Cole Fashion’s Night Out t-shirt when you make a purchase, or by using Foursquare to check in at Kenneth Cole. (6p-11p); San Francisco Center, SF
- Gap – Take 40% off one regularly priced item from 6p-11p
If you’re not one to brave the crowds in order to hobnob with your favorite fashion designers and celebrities. You can also take part in ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ online. Many retailers have great, digital activities and sales that you can partake in from the comfort of your couch, home office or cafe.
For more information on Fashion’s Night Out, visit fashionsnightout.comMORE NEWS: Bengals Stop Late Raiders Rally; Vegas One and Done in Playoffs
(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)