SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – San Francisco’s Lowell High School was briefly evacuated Monday morning because of a natural gas smell on campus, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The odor was reported at 10:59 a.m. at the school. located at 1101 Eucalyptus Drive near Lake Merced, spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.READ MORE: Kaiser Oakland Medical Center Employee Omicron Outbreak Linked To Wisconsin Wedding
Students were evacuated from the building, and PG&E has responded to investigate the smell, Talmadge said.
READ MORE: Scott Peterson Resentenced To Life Without Parole; Laci's Mom: 'You Will Always Be Their Murderer'
She said crews were checking the school’s boiler room around 11:30 a.m. but that there was no indication of gas present there.
Students were allowed to return to class shortly after noon.MORE NEWS: UPDATE: Parents Who Sent Child With COVID to Corte Madera School Could Face Criminal Charges
(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)