NICASIO (CBS / AP) — Fire crews have extinguished a three-alarm fire at “Star Wars” director George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch in Marin County.

Marin County Battalion Chief Mike Giannini told the Marin Independent Journal that the blaze started Tuesday afternoon in the chimney of the 50,000-square foot main house at the ranch that serves as headquarters for Skywalker Sound and Lucasfilm, Lucas’ production company.

Giannini said the ranch’s private fire crew asked county firefighters for help in keeping the fire from spreading.

Lucasfilm spokeswoman Emilie Nicks said it caused little to no damage.

In addition to housing sound services for films and television, the 4,000-acre Skywalker Ranch, one of three properties Lucas owns in Marin, also includes a theater, guest quarters and a general store.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)