Recipe from Left Bank Brasserie Menlo Park’s Chef de Cuisine Steven CatalanoREAD MORE: Curry And Warriors Rout Mavericks, 130-92
2 pounds Prince Edward Island Mussels (P.E.I.’s)
2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
¼ cup (4 ounces) Garlic Butter (see recipe)
2 cups white wine
¼ cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced shallots
1 handful baby spinach
4 (¾ inch) thick slices country bread, grilled (2 each)
1. To prepare the mussels, begin by heating a large sauté pan with 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil.
2. Add shallots to the pan, followed by the mussels.
3. Add the white wine and cover.
4. Cook for approximately five minutes, or until all shells are open (you can also cook one-half of the mussels at a time if your pan isn’t large enough. Reduce cook time to approximately two minutes, or until shells open, in this case).
5. Add the Garlic Butter and simmer for 2 minutes.READ MORE: Fire Burning At Car Dealership Shuts Down El Camino Real Road In Santa Clara
6. Add the spinach and cover until spinach is wilted.
7. To serve, plate in a deep bowl.
8. Tuck the bread into the mussels in the bowl.
¼ cup (4 ounces/½ stick) salted butter, softened
8 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
dash of Pernod, plus additional 2 tablespoons
1 bunch Italian parsley, divided
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Pick, wash, and dry the parsley leaves.
2. Finely chop one-half of the parsley leaves.
3. Purée the remaining half of the parsley leaves with a dash of Pernod in a blender.
4. Place the butter in a mixer and whip, approximately 3 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, Pernod, chopped parsley, puréed parsley, and mix together.MORE NEWS: French Bulldog Stolen At Gunpoint Returned To Castro Valley Family
6. Season with salt and pepper.