SAN JOSE (CBS/AP) — Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig formally informed the Oakland A’s this summer that the team’s bid to move San Jose had been denied.
Saturday a Selig letter to the team surfaced in a federal court filing Friday night. MLB disclosed the existence of the letter as part of its legal argument to dismiss what remains of San Jose antitrust lawsuit filed against the league over the A’s future stadium plans. The letter itself wasn’t made public.READ MORE: 1 Dead, 1 Injured In Shooting Near San Jose Park
The court filing says Selig sent the letter to the club on June 17. The next day, San Jose filed its lawsuit accusing MLB of antitrust violations.READ MORE: Fire Crews Contain 15-Acre Vegetation Fire In Discovery Bay
Oakland A’s owner Lew Wolff said that the club is still fighting to relocate to San Jose.MORE NEWS: Hertl Scores Twice In 500th NHL Game, Helps Sharks Defeat Avalanche
(Copyright 2013 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)