SAN RAFAEL (CBS SF) — The Marin County Sheriff’s Office will hold a press conference at 11 a.m. Tuesday to announce an official investigation into the cause of Robin Williams’ death.
Oscar winning actor and comedian Robin Williams was found dead of an apparent suicide in his Tiburon home Monday, according to the Marin County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities responded to a report of an unconscious man in a residence on Paradise Drive in Tiburon shortly before noon Monday. Deputies found the 63-year old actor unconscious inside the home shortly after arriving. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officials believed Williams took his own life via some form of asphyxiation.
Williams was last seen alive Sunday evening around 10 p.m. in the home, where he resided with his wife.
- Press Release From Marin County Sheriff’s Office
- Bay Area Comedians Remember Williams
- Tiburon Neighbors Mourn Loss Of Robin Williams
- Share Your Thoughts On Williams’ Life on Facebook.
- Robin Williams Photo Gallery