PLEASANT HILL (CBS SF) — A woman suffered minor burns in a one-alarm apartment fire in Pleasant Hill Sunday afternoon, a fire official said.
Firefighters responded to a report of the fire in the 2100 block of Geary Road shortly after 4 p.m., Contra Costa County Fire Protection District Fire Marshal Robert Marshall said.READ MORE: Lockdown-Violating Underground Gatherings Investigated Over Recent Spate of San Jose Shootings
A second alarm response was called for but was quickly canceled, according to a dispatcher.
The blaze at the two-story building was under control around 4:25 p.m., Marshall said.
Once fire crews knocked down the fire, they searched through the building and located the woman in a unit involved in the blaze, according to Marshall.READ MORE: The Game Changer: New Test Helps Doctors Find Hidden Prostate Cancer
She was transported to a hospital for minor burns to her legs and smoke inhalation, he said.
The fire was caused by unattended cooking in a kitchen in the same unit where the woman was found, Marshall said.
[display-posts category=”trending” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”6″]MORE NEWS: Oakley School Board Interim Trustees Vote to Fill Vacant Seats; Reject Special Election
© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.