SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Two passersby detained a man after he allegedly tried to steal a camera from around another man’s neck in San Francisco’s Alamo Square Park on Thursday, police said.
The attempted robbery was reported at about 1:25 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of Hayes and Steiner streets, police said.
The suspect, described as a 20-year-old man, allegedly approached the victim from behind and tried to grab his camera. Police said a struggle over the camera ensued.
Two passersby stepped in and grabbed the suspect. They detained the suspect until police arrived, at which time he was arrested.
The victim suffered lacerations to his hand and knee but refused medical treatment, police said.
The victim’s camera was returned to him, police said.
RECENT CRIME NEWS:
- Suspect Arrested For Allegedly Setting Arson Fires In San Ramon
- Homeless Man Uses Golf Club In Violent Assault
- Suspected NorCal Rapist Makes First Court Appearance, Faces Survivors
- Authorities Search For Lake Tahoe Area Stabbing Suspect
- Cosby Prosecutor Asks For 5 To 10 Years In Prison
- Dozens of Cars Towed, Several Arrests at Multiple Oakland Sideshows
© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed