SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — A female pedestrian suffered life-threatening injuries Saturday evening after a pickup truck struck her at an intersection in San Francisco’s Potero Hill area just west of U.S. Highway 101, a police spokesman.
At 5:56 p.m., San Francisco police responded to a report of a vehicle that had collided with a pedestrian at 25th and Utah streets between Potero and San Bruno avenues, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
Police have so far determined that the pedestrian was walking in a crosswalk when a pickup truck crashed into her while making a left turn, according to Esparza.
The female victim was transported to San Francisco General Hospital with injuries that are threatening to her life, he said.
Police were investigating the cause of the crash and there is no information available on the driver of the pickup or if the driver was cited, he said.
© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Viral Video Of Texas Road Rage Incident Gets ‘Star Wars’ Treatment
- Kim Kardashian-West Talks Sexuality, Family Life, Caitlyn Jenner In San Francisco Commonwealth Club Interview
- N. California Woman Seeks Couple She Snapped Getting Engaged On The Eiffel Tower
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ Goes To Oakland For Warriors Edition Of ‘Lie Witness News’
- ‘Roaracle’ Is The Loudest NBA Arena, But Could All That Noise Affect Your Hearing?
- Watch Stephen Curry Rapping As A College Student In Recently Uncovered Video