HAYWARD (CBS SF) — A woman trying on a dress in a Hayward JC Penney store found an unwelcome companion in the dressing room when a scorpion fell out of the garment onto the floor at her feet.
Sandra Hernandez of Hayward was in the fitting room of the Southland Mall Sunday when she pulled the dress up over her head, flinging the scorpion into the air, landing next to her.
“When I pulled the skirt down I gave it a shake, and when I gave it a shake the scorpion kind of – what I thought was string – opened up and went down to the floor,” Hernandez told KPIX 5. “I was shocked I looked down, I said oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.”
Read More From CBS SF:
- Dog Wakes Up Owner In Burning Sacramento Home
- On Video: Cyclist Slams Deer Doing 28mph
- Dog Swims 1.5 Miles To Safety After House Boat Sinks
The brown-yellow scorpion was about three inches long according to Hernandez. She was able to corral the creature and called a store employee over to help. A store manager tried to capture the scorpion in a bag, but it was able to slip away into a crevice. Workers searched for the scorpion, but were unable to find it.
Hernandez, who is a former JC Penney employee called the corporate office to report the incident, and she says the company appeared to be trying to track down from where the garment originated.
“It was scary,” Hernandez said she carried the dress around for about 30-minutes before entering the fitting room.
- Viral Video Of Texas Road Rage Incident Gets ‘Star Wars’ Treatment
- Kim Kardashian-West Talks Sexuality, Family Life, Caitlyn Jenner In San Francisco Commonwealth Club Interview
- N. California Woman Seeks Couple She Snapped Getting Engaged On The Eiffel Tower
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ Goes To Oakland For Warriors Edition Of ‘Lie Witness News’
- ‘Roaracle’ Is The Loudest NBA Arena, But Could All That Noise Affect Your Hearing?
- Watch Stephen Curry Rapping As A College Student In Recently Uncovered Video