SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – The Ritz-Carlton San Francisco has one restaurant, it’s called Parallel 37 (after the geographic location). I had the pleasure of dining there in November.
We were not given a menu simply asked if we had food allergies, we did not, so the chef picked our menu with wine pairings.
I am a foodie but not a wine connoisseur so I was happy with the chef’s choice of a 8-course dinner with win pairings.
For the Amuse:
– Big Eye Tuna, Dill, Pickled Radish, Potato Salad
– Ocean Trout Tartar, Crispy Skin
– Dungeness Crab Stuffed Buddah’s Hand, Basil, Togarashi
The Amuse was paired with Jean Vessels, “Rose Saignee’ Brut Rose.
Amuse Trio (credit: Elizabeth Ann Thompson /CBS Local)
For The Entrees:
– Squid Ink Linguini, Black Cod, Roasted Spaghetti Squash, Cold Pressed Mustard Oil paired with Trimbach, Pinot Gris, Alsace 2007
Squid Ink Linguini (credit: Elizabeth Ann Thompson /CBS Local)
– Big Eye Tuna, Smoked Tomato, Grilled Romaine, Burrata, Chorizo Vinaigrette paired with Copain Chardonnay, Russian River Valley 2012
– Liberty Farms Duck, Huckleberry, Duck Gizzard Gnocchi, Red Wine Braised Cabbage, Black Garlic paired with Barbera d’Alba, Borgogno 2011
Duck (credit: Elizabeth Ann Thompson /CBS Local)
– Bison Tenderloin, Boudin Noir, Brussel Sprouts paired with Paradigm ‘Estate’, Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
Bison Tenderloin (credit: Elizabeth Ann Thompson /CBS Local)
…And Two Desserts:
– Cucumber Sorbet, Elderflower
Cucumber Sorbet (credit: Elizabeth Ann Thompson /CBS Local)
– Pistachio Mousseline, Strawberries, Tarragon.
Pistachio Mousseline (credit: Elizabeth Ann Thompson /CBS Local)
Everything was delicious. If I had a menu I would have been predisposed not to order the desserts because I don’t think cucumber or tarragon should be in desserts, but I stand corrected. Loved the surprises, a culinary delight.
Thanks to the Ritz-Carlton San Francisco, Parallel 37 and Ellipses Public Relations for the complimentary dinner.
More Foodie Experiences:
[display-posts tag=”foodie-experience” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”3″]