SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — For the fifth time in a week, a vehicle was found engulfed in flames in San Francisco’s Castro District on Sunday morning.
Police told KPIX they would investigate the blaze — which demolished a car on Hartford Street — as a possible arson.
Neighbors seem certain that this fire is connected to four other vehicle fires in the same area which all happened within the span of about an hour, on Wednesday.
“That particular part of the neighborhood is gated and very clearly blocked off, so I don’t think it was any accident that the fire started that way,” Jonathan Stoft, who lives nearby, told KPIX.
Police say Sunday morning’s incident isn’t being treated as an emergency because no one was hurt.
RECENT CRIME NEWS:
- Authorities Evacuate Sunnyvale Building After Report Of Suspicious Package
- 33-Year-Old Man Identified As Victim In Milpitas I-680 Shooting
- San Jose Police Arrest Two Suspects In Early June Armed Robbery, Shooting
- Concord Man Who Allegedly Threatened Mass Shooting Of Jews, Police Officers Pleads Not Guilty
- Bay Area Men Arrested After Modesto Police Chase Ends With Deadly Crash Into Taco Truck
- Man Shot Dead on Interstate 80 in Vacaville