SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — A man who stabbed a woman in San Francisco’s South Beach neighborhood early Saturday morning is at large, a police spokesman said Saturday afternoon.
Officers responded to a report of a stabbing at Fremont and Folsom streets around 5:30 a.m., San Francisco police Officer Gordon Shyy said.
The suspect approached a woman in her 30s and demanded her property, Shyy said.
After she indicated that she didn’t have anything, the suspect stabbed her in the torso, according to Shyy.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his 20s, the spokesman said.
The woman suffered critical injuries and was transported to San Francisco General Hospital, Shyy said.
© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Viral Video Of Texas Road Rage Incident Gets ‘Star Wars’ Treatment
- Kim Kardashian-West Talks Sexuality, Family Life, Caitlyn Jenner In San Francisco Commonwealth Club Interview
- N. California Woman Seeks Couple She Snapped Getting Engaged On The Eiffel Tower
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ Goes To Oakland For Warriors Edition Of ‘Lie Witness News’
- ‘Roaracle’ Is The Loudest NBA Arena, But Could All That Noise Affect Your Hearing?
- Watch Stephen Curry Rapping As A College Student In Recently Uncovered Video