SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Starbucks will begin serving a new coffee drink Tuesday in the U.S. that’s been a big hit in Australia.
The ‘flat white’ is similar to a latte, but with less water. Baristas will use whole steamed milk to create a smooth texture, and pour it into a double shot of espresso, allowing the coffee to rise to the top.
Some say it’s Starbucks’ introduction to the artisanal coffee movement.
“With Philz Coffee and all those other independent coffees I think more people enjoy it,” An Nguyen of San Jose said.
Whether or not Americans obsess over the drink is yet to be seen.
“Too fancy. I just like my regular iced coffee,” Nguyen said.
- Viral Video Of Texas Road Rage Incident Gets ‘Star Wars’ Treatment
- Kim Kardashian-West Talks Sexuality, Family Life, Caitlyn Jenner In San Francisco Commonwealth Club Interview
- N. California Woman Seeks Couple She Snapped Getting Engaged On The Eiffel Tower
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ Goes To Oakland For Warriors Edition Of ‘Lie Witness News’
- ‘Roaracle’ Is The Loudest NBA Arena, But Could All That Noise Affect Your Hearing?
- Watch Stephen Curry Rapping As A College Student In Recently Uncovered Video