(CBS SF/AP) – The Miss USA pageant has lost all of its co-hosts.
Bay Area-native Cheryl Burke and MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts said Tuesday they won’t take part in the July 12 pageant after Donald Trump made remarks about Mexicans while announcing his run for president.
On Monday, NBC said it would cancel its Miss USA coverage and part ways with Trump, with whom it owns the pageant.
Last week, Univision canceled its Spanish simulcast following remarks Trump made in his recent presidential campaign kickoff speech. Trump said Mexican immigrants are “bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists and some, I assume, are good people.” He advocated building a wall along the United States’ southern border.
Both co-hosts of the Univision telecast, Roselyn Sanchez and Cristian de la Fuente, also said they wouldn’t take part.
© Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.