LONDON, ENGLAND (AP) – A coroner’s inquest has heard that Australian singer Nick Cave’s son had taken LSD before falling to his death from a cliff on England’s south coast in July.
Coroner Veronica Hamilton-Deeley recorded a verdict of “accidental death” in the case. Evidence established the teenager died of multiple brain injuries.
Testimony indicated 15-year-old Arthur Cave had taken the hallucinogenic LSD with a friend shortly before the fall that ended his life.
Nick Cave and his wife Susie briefly left the inquest as graphic testimony about the injuries was heard.
The grieving couple had released a statement after their son’s death praising their “beautiful, happy, loving boy.”
They hugged after Tuesday’s hearing in Brighton south of London.
© Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.