ROHNERT PARK (CBS SF) – The FBI sought the public’s help Friday in identifying a bank robbery suspect nicknamed the ‘Hefty Heister’ in connection with eight bank robberies in seven Northern California cities.
To aid in the search, federal officials released several photos of the suspect. According to the FBI, the suspect is armed and dangerous and should not be approached.
Investigators describe the ‘Hefty Heister’ as a stocky, white male who stands 5’6”-5’8” tall. He is believed to be 35-45 years old and may have blue eyes.
During the robberies, the suspect wore baggy, dark-colored pants, and tan work boots or shabby athletic shoes with blue or black tops and white soles; and a ring on his third (ring) finger of his left hand.
Shirts, hats, and face coverings have varied with each robbery.
Upon entering each of the banks, the FBI said, the suspect has presented tellers with a demand note that also threatened a weapon.
During the December 21, 2015, robbery, the suspect aimed a black semi-automatic pistol at the teller.
He is suspected in the following robberies:
- December 3, 2015 — Exchange Bank Located at 6290 Commerce Boulevard, Rohnert Park
- December 21, 2015 — Tri Counties Bank located inside Raley’s at 2400 Sand Creek Road, Brentwood
- December 22, 2015 — Wells Fargo Bank located inside Safeway at 1978 Contra Costa Boulevard, Pleasant Hill
- December 31, 2015 — Bank of Rio Vista located at 14211 River Road, Walnut Grove
- January 9, 2016 — US Bank located inside Raley’s at 270 Sunset Avenue , Suisun City
- January 14, 2016 — US Bank located inside Safeway at 3110 Balfour Road, Brentwood
- January 19, 2016 — US Bank located inside Safeway at 2449 West Kettleman Lane, Lodi
- January 19, 2016 — Tri Counties Bank located inside Raley’s at 4900 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove.
Individuals with information about the ‘Hefty Heister’ may call 1-800-CALL-FBI (800-885-5984) the Sacramento field office at (916) 481-9110, or the San Francisco field office at (415) 553-7400.