PETALUMA (CBS SF) — Firefighters responded after a hoverboard caught fire and exploded in a Petaluma home, sending embers and pieces of the device throughout the residence.

The hoverboard was plugged into a wall outlet and charging when it burst into flames Monday night.

Firefighters arriving to the scene found the home filled with light smoke.

There were no injuries from the explosion, and the damage to the home was estimated to be $10,000.

Monday’s fire is the third such fire in the Bay Area in the last two months. Last week, a hoverboard was blamed for a in a Santa Rosa home that killed two dogs. In December, one of the toys caught fire at a home in Brentwood.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s