MINNEAPOLIS (CBS/AP) — Authorities and emergency responders were called to Prince’s suburban Minneapolis home over the last five years for everything from mundane reports of tripped fire alarms to more serious medical calls, a log released Tuesday shows.
Data released by Minnesota authorities provide some new details about more than 40 calls for service involving Prince’s Paisley Park complex.READ MORE: Homebuyers In Northern California 'High Fire Zones' See Insurance Rates Go Through The Roof
Prince was 57 when he died on April 21 at Paisley Park. His cause of death hasn’t been released. A law enforcement official has told the AP that investigators are looking into whether Prince died from an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks beforehand. The official has been briefed on the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to speak to the media.
Some details about prior calls to Prince’s address were released last week. The data released Tuesday provides some new detail about calls that did not generate police reports.
— On Oct. 23, 2013, paramedics were called to a report of a 53-year-old man who was apparently dehydrated. That man was taken to a local hospital. The man’s name isn’t listed; Prince would have been 55 years old at the time. When a hospital spokeswoman was asked Tuesday whether Prince was treated on or near that date, she said the hospital can’t provide information on any patients due to privacy laws.READ MORE: COVID: Mask Uncertainty Reigns As Bay Area Health Officials Push To Loosen Guidelines
— On Feb. 12, 2014, a woman called saying that since 2009, she had been receiving phone calls from a man who identified himself as Prince. She said the calls started after she listened to a Prince record and heard private information that only she could hear. Police advised her to tell the person who was calling her to stop.
— On Feb. 18, 2016, a female caller asked for a welfare check on Paisley Park, but it wasn’t clear whom she wanted authorities to check on. Authorities said they didn’t have enough information.
There are also claims that Prince has at least one living son. On Jan 26, 2015, one caller asked that a message be delivered to Prince about a mutual son who was having open heart surgery. Sheriff’s deputies said they wouldn’t relay messages to Prince. On April 21, the day Prince died, one woman called saying she had a 17-year-old son with Prince, and wanted him to attend the funeral.
It’s unclear whether the caller was the same person. Prince has no known surviving children.MORE NEWS: UPDATE: Crews Contain Grass Fire Burning Near Bay Shoreline In San Rafael
© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.