SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — Firefighters were at the scene of a gas leak Sunday afternoon in East San Jose, according to fire officials.
The gas leak was first reported around 1 p.m. in the 2200 block of Story Road, according to San Jose Fire Department Capt. Brad Cloutier.READ MORE: Gov. Newsom Signs Executive Order to Halt Pandemic Evictions Through June
The gas leak was caused by a vehicle crash, Cloutier said.
Multiple businesses on Story Road were evacuated, as well as homes on Amador Drive, according to Cloutier.READ MORE: Armed Guards, Volunteers Join Police to Patrol Streets in Oakland's Chinatown
PG&E is responding to the scene.
Story Road between South Jackson Avenue and Adrian Way has been closed in both directions and residents are being asked to avoid the area.MORE NEWS: Royals Week: Rare Archival Footage Of Princess Margaret's 1965 SF Visit Unearthed
© Copyright 2016 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed