SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – As the 2016 regular season wraps up, Major League Baseball released tentative schedules for the 2017 season Wednesday.
The San Francisco Giants will begin their season on Sunday, April 2nd against the Arizona Diamondbacks, as part of an Opening Day tripleheader.
One day later on April 3rd, the Oakland Athletics will begin their 2017 campaign at home, starting a three game series against the Los Angeles Angels.
The Giants will have their home opener on Monday, April 10th against the Diamondbacks.
Some Schedule Highlights:
• Continuing one of baseball’s storied rivalries, the Dodgers will face the Giants at AT&T Park on April 24th to 26th, May 15th to 17th and September 11th to 13th. The Giants visit Los Angeles from May 1st to 3rd, July 28 to 30th and September 22nd to 24th.
• The Boston Red Sox will make their annual trip to Oakland with a four game-series against the A’s from May 18th to the 21st. Meanwhile, the New York Yankees will play in Oakland from June 15th through the 18th.
• On June 10th, the A’s will participate in the first single-admission doubleheader since 2011 in Tampa Bay against the Rays.
• Giants fans will have the opportunity to see a 2014 World Series rematch, as the Kansas City Royals pay a visit to AT&T Park on June 13th and 14th.
• The 88th All-Star Game between the American and National leagues will take place on July 11th at Marlins Park in Miami.
• The Battle of the Bay between the A’s and Giants is set for the end of July. The A’s will host the Giants for two games at the Coliseum on July 31st and August 1st. The series then shifts to AT&T Park on August 2nd and 3rd.
• San Francisco will end the regular season at home with a three-game series against the San Diego Padres from September 29th to October 1st. Meanwhile, the A’s will end the regular season with a three-game series at Texas against the Rangers.