OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Hold still… don’t move a muscle… you’ve just done the Mannequin Challenge.
It’s the latest Internet obsession. Strike a pose along with some friends or colleagues, film it, and post it with the hip-hop song ‘Black Beatles’ by Rae Sremmurd in the background.
Unlike the 2014 ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ to raise awareness for ALS, there’s no cause other than how cool it looks.
Quite possibly the coolest ‘Mannequin Challenge’ yet is Steph Curry’s, shot Saturday night on the last night of his wife Ayesha’s pop-up restaurant, International Smoke at Michael Mina’s Test Kitchen, in San Francisco.
“Sooo. This happened! Last night at @chefmichaelmina test kitchen for #internationasmoke and they’re on to the next!” wrote the Warriors MVP.
Steph is at the bar toasting a shot while Ayesha wearing her chef’s apron comes out of the kitchen. Look closely and you see liquids rippling in the glasses. Other than that, it’s flawless.
As of Monday, it had more than a million views.
Currently, there are almost 65,000 Mannequin Challenges on Instagram.
Check out a few more …
CBSSF.com writer, producer Jan Mabry is also executive producer and host of The Bronze Report. She lives in Northern California. Follow her on Twitter @janmabr.
INTERESTED IN CELEBRITY NEWS?
HERE’S MORE FROM RADIO.COM
- Adele Shares Cute Australian Tour Announcement
- P!nk & Red Hot Chili Peppers to Headline 50th Summerfest
- Leon Russell, Elton John and Appreciating the Giants
- Grace Vanderwaal Announces ‘Perfectly Imperfect’ EP
- Brantley Gilbert Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Juicy J Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Thomas Rhett Releases Wild ‘Star of the Show’ Video
- Bruce Springsteen Rescued by New Jersey Veterans
- Aerosmith Announce ‘Farewell’ Tour
- Lil Wayne Signs with Jay Z?