By Ned Ehrbar
(CBS NEWS) – Emmy Rossum has not been having a great time on social media lately.READ MORE: California Drought: Big October Storm's Deluge Draining Out Of Lake Sonoma
The “Shameless” star took to Twitter this weekend to expose some of the abuse she’d been subjected to online in the wake of Donald Trump’s Election Day victory.
“No matter WHO you voted for, I don’t care, THIS is not okay,” Rossum tweeted, along with a screen-grab of a since-deleted tweet sent to her that featured an image of the Auschwitz concentration camp with Trump’s logo added in, along with a threatening message.
Rossum remained resolute, though, adding in a follow-up tweet: “This doesn’t scare me. It doesn’t cause me nightmares. I find it sad to recognize that this kind of vicious underbelly was there all along.”
The account of the Twitter user who sent the image has since been suspended.READ MORE: San Francisco Safeway Adds Barriers To Deter Rampant Shoplifting
© 2016 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
_____________________________________________MORE NEWS: As Oakland Lawmakers Prepare To Vote To Increase Police Staffing New Report Questions Need
INTERESTED IN CELEBRITY NEWS?
HERE’S MORE FROM RADIO.COM
- Adele Shares Cute Australian Tour Announcement
- P!nk & Red Hot Chili Peppers to Headline 50th Summerfest
- Leon Russell, Elton John and Appreciating the Giants
- Grace Vanderwaal Announces ‘Perfectly Imperfect’ EP
- Brantley Gilbert Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Juicy J Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Thomas Rhett Releases Wild ‘Star of the Show’ Video
- Bruce Springsteen Rescued by New Jersey Veterans
- Aerosmith Announce ‘Farewell’ Tour
- Lil Wayne Signs with Jay Z?