SUNNYVALE (CBS SF) — A woman received minor burns in a 2-alarm fire that heavily damaged a Sunnyvale home Saturday night, authorities said.

Fire officials said the cause of the 7:26 p.m. fire in a residence in the 1300 block of Elsona Court was a candle left unattended in an upstairs bedroom.

READ MORE: San Francisco Police Locate Yorkshire Terrier Stolen During Brazen Vehicle Break-In

The first arriving engine company saw flames coming out of a second story window igniting a tree.

READ MORE: COVID Reopening: Excitement Builds As Hours Count Down To State's Reopening

The lone occupant of the home had evacuated from the residence prior to the arrival of fire personnel. She had suffered a minor burn injury while trying to extinguish the fire.

The woman received medical treatment at the scene and refused transportation to the hospital.

MORE NEWS: UPDATE: Temperatures Will Soar Into Triple Digits By Mid-Week

Firefighters said their efforts to fight the fire were hampered by solar and swimming pool panels all located on the metal roof.