CHICO (AP) — Authorities say there has been one more fatality in the Camp wildfire, bringing the death toll from it to 84.
They also say the fire is 95 percent contained. The blaze that started Nov. 8 leveled Paradise, destroying more than 13,000 homes.
The Butte County Sheriff’s Office says more than 560 names remain on the missing list.
Authorities stressed that many of the people on the list may be safe and unaware they have been reported missing.
Paradise is about 140 miles north of San Francisco.
- CAMP FIRE FULL COVERAGE
- Measure Introduced To Protect PG&E From Fire Liability, Bankruptcy
- Rain Begins Cleansing Smoky Bay Area Skies
- Schwarzenegger Visits Camp Fire Zone Unannounced, Feeds Firefighters
- ‘We Need Hundreds’: Camp Fire Victims’ Families Urged To Give DNA
- Climate Change Will Bring Multiple Disasters At Once, Study Warns
- How To Help Victims Of Camp Fire In Butte County
© Copyright 2018 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed