FAIRFIELD (CBS SF) — A shelter-in-place order for residents of a Fairfield neighborhood near a home fire that emitted hazardous fumes was lifted late Saturday night, according to police.

The order was lifted after 11 p.m. Saturday after fire crews battled a fire Saturday evening that destroyed a garage at 1732 Ashtree Court in Cordelia, a southern suburb of Fairfield, police said. Ashtree Court and Fawn Glen Circle, along with Canyon Hills Drive near Ashtree Court were closed to through traffic for most of the evening.

READ MORE: 'Fire Hose' Of Subtropical Moisture Bearing Down On Northern California

The garage contained approximately 200 pounds of lithium-ion batteries, police said, and fluoride gas was emitted shortly after crews started to fight the blaze just after 5 p.m. Saturday.

Three Fairfield firefighters and one Fairfield police officer were hospitalized Saturday evening for exposure to fluoride gas. The Solano County Hazardous Materials Response Team was dispatched to the scene. The batteries stored in the garage started to emit fluoride gas after being exposed to fire and water.

READ MORE: Support Builds for KPIX Reporter Targeted in YouTuber's Racist Remarks

A fourth Fairfield firefighter was taken to the hospital for treatment of a back injury suffered while fighting the blaze.

Police advised anyone in the area who experiences shortness of breath, a scratchy throat or itchy skin should go to a hospital emergency room.

MORE NEWS: Prop Gun Fired by Alec Baldwin on Movie Set Kills Cinematographer, Wounds Bay Area Director

© Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Bay City News Service. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed