SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — The San Jose Fire Department is reporting that its hazardous materials team found no significant readings on monitors in the area where a possible gas leak was reported at Townsend Park around noon Sunday.
Crews were securing the building where a gas swimming pool heater had operational issues, a department spokesman said, noting that residents had reported hearing a couple of explosions.
A check showed no issues with containers of pool chemicals, the spokesman said, and area evacuations have been lifted.
Roads in the area have been closed as a precaution but should reopen shortly, he said.
Hazardous materials team reporting no significant readings on monitors. Containers intact. Evacuations have been lifted.
— San Jose Fire Dept. (@SJFD) July 21, 2019
© Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Bay City News Service. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed