EMERYVILLE (CBS SF) — Employees of a lab were mixing chemicals Monday afternoon in Emeryville when things got too hot, Alameda County Fire Department officials said.
Firefighters responded at 2:55 p.m. to a commercial laboratory located on the 5800 block of Hollis Street in Emeryville where a fire was contained to a fume hood, fire spokesperson Brian Centoni said.
A 2:55pm, ACFD with assistance from Oakland Fire, responded to a commercial laboratory on Hollis street in Emeryville. The initial report was a small fire contained to a hood after sprinklers were activated and contained the.. pic.twitter.com/L8oAhtk0d1
— Alameda County Fire (@AlamedaCoFire) December 10, 2019
A hazardous materials team was also called. Centoni said no one was injured and no one had to shelter in place.
A building was evacuated and sprinklers went off.
The hazmat team was evaluating some runoff as of late Monday afternoon.
© Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Bay City News Service. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.