Quick-Thinking Neighbors Rescue Cat, Prevent Oakland Home From Burning DownTwo quick-thinking neighbors in Oakland jumped into action Monday night when they saw a house on fire. They saved a cat inside and ultimately prevented the house from burning down.
Building Inspectors Hadn't Been Inside Oakland Ghost Ship For 30 YearsOakland Mayor Libby Schaaf was on the defensive Wednesday after it was discovered building inspectors hadn't been inside the Ghost Ship warehouse for 30 years.
Smoke Detector Credited With Saving Mother, 2 Children From San Pablo House FireA smoke detector saved a mother and her two children from a fire that displaced them from a home Sunday morning in San Pablo, a captain of the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District said.
Bedridden Senior, Smoking While On Oxygen, Dies In Sonoma County House FireFirefighters found 82-year-old Richard Hance on a hospital bed in the living room of the burned home in unincorporated Sonoma County. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Neighbor Credited With Saving Pinole Woman From House FireA neighbor is being credited with saving a woman from a house fire in Pinole.
Bay Area Residents: Reset Clocks, Check Smoke Alarms, Daylight Saving Time Begins Bay Area public safety officials are reminding residents to not only reset their clocks for daylight saving time, which begins early Sunday morning, but to also check smoke alarms and other emergency equipment.
Elderly Newark Couple Awoken By Smoke Detector Escape Burning Home Two elderly adults escaped their burning home without injury in Newark early Tuesday morning, according to an Alameda County fire battalion chief.
Woman, Dog Escape Petaluma House Fire Thanks To Smoke AlarmA smoke detector woke up a woman sleeping in her burning Petaluma home early Thursday morning.
Barbecue May Have Sparked Fire At San Rafael Apartment Complex A fire at a San Rafael apartment complex Saturday morning that appears to have been sparked by barbecue materials left on a deck overnight displaced as many as 10 residents.