(CBS) – Not to be confused with the richest women in the world, Forbes has released their list of the most powerful. These are the ladies that can influence pop culture, politics, business, and the entire planet. See where your favorite lady falls on the list.
- Michelle Obama, First Lady, U.S.
- Irene Rosenfeld, Chief Executive, Kraft Foods
- Oprah Winfrey, Talk show host and media mogul
- Angela Merkel, Chancellor, Germany
- Hillary Rodham Clinton, Secretary of State, U.S.
- Indra Nooya, Chief Executive, Pepsico
- Lady Gaga, Singer and performance artist
- Gail Kelly, Chief Executive, Westpac
- Beyoncé Knowles, Singer and fashion designer
- Ellen DeGeneres, Talk show host
- Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, U.S.
- Angela Braly, Chief Executive, Wellpoint
- Janet Napolitano, Secretary, Homeland Security, U.S.
- Cynthia Carroll, Chief Executive, Anglo American
- Sheila Bair, Chair, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Sarah Palin, Political maverick and commentator
- Mary Schapiro, Chair, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Ellen Kullman, Chief Executive, DuPont
- Sonia Sotomayor, Supreme Court Justice, U.S.
- Ursula Burns, Chief Executive, Xerox
- Angelina Jolie, Actor and UN Goodwill Ambassador
- Katie Couric, News anchor
- Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary, Health & Human Services
- Anne Lauvergeon, Chief Executive, Areva
- Elena Kagan, Supreme Court Justice, U.S.
(© 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)