Giants World Series Tickets Setting Records

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) – Want to take someone out to the ballgame? You might want to think about a second mortgage. World Series tickets are shattering all records and selling at unheard-of prices.

“We broke all sales records in the last few days,”  said Glenn Lehrman with StubHub, an online ticket resale service. “It’s blown us all away.”

He expects Major League Baseball’s official online ticket reseller to sell twice as many tickets as it did for last year’s Yankees-Phillies series – at the highest prices he’s ever seen.

KCBS’ Doug Sovern Reports:

“On average the ticket price is $800,” he said. “Standing room only, which is the cheapest, is about $500.”

Too rich for John Cesare’s blood. He plans to rent a kayak to watch from McCovey Cove instead.

“If I had season tickets, I’d be selling them right now and renting a kayak,” he said.

The kayak will only set him back $90.

(© 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Ernie says:

where can one go rent a kayak??

2. vikki says:

I love watching the team play but I can’t afford to go during the regular season so I’m not surprised at the exorbitant costs for the World Series

3. DeeDee says:

This is a Crock!

4. Sean Harrington says:

the ticket prices are OUTRAGEOUS! Some of the local ticket brokers have seats that are season seats but I’m sure they’re priced high. Has anyone ever heard of JiffyTickets.com? They’re on the same block as me and super busy today. Prob. for World Series Tickets I’m sure.

5. McD56 says:

If you choose freedom of speech on this CBS site, they won’t print what you write….I didn’t use cuss words either……

1. Java says:

Ditto. This article is garbage, paid for in full by the ticket scalpers they are quoting in the story.

Nice work KCBS