Vallejo School Kids Sickened After Eating Marijuana Cookies
VALLEJO (CBS/AP/BCN) – Four elementary school students in Vallejo became ill Monday afternoon after they shared two cookies containing marijuana, Vallejo City Unified School District spokeswoman Tish Busselle said.
Busselle said an employee at a local store gave two marijuana cookies to a fifth-grade boy who was on his way to Grace Patterson Elementary School Monday.
The boy shared them with three other students at lunchtime, and all four became ill by around 1:30 p.m., Busselle said.
A school supervisor found one of the two cookie wrappers, which identified the cookie as containing medicinal cannabis, Busselle said.
The four students reported feeling nauseated to a teacher after eating one of the cookies, said Busselle. They apparently did not know it had marijuana.
Three students went to a hospital and were later released. The fourth student went home, Busselle said.
Vallejo police Sgt. Jeff Bassett said police are investigating the incident.
“It’s a convoluted story,” Bassett said Tuesday morning.
(© 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press and Bay City News contributed to this report.)