SF Woman Attempting To Light Candle Blows Off Fingers With Firecracker

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – A firecracker exploded in a woman’s hands in San Francisco on Saturday night, blowing off some of her fingers, police said.

The 28-year-old woman was lighting candles inside a parked motor home at 10:20 p.m. when she picked up what she thought was another candle, police said.

It was actually a firecracker, and when she lit it, it exploded in her hands. Her injuries were not life-threatening.

The motor home was parked in lot at San Bruno Avenue and Division Street, police said. She was transported to San Francisco General Hospital.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

  • jim

    SF Woman Attempting To Light Candle Blows Of Fingers With Firecracker
    I guess the copy reader forgot the work is OFF not OF

  • Eagle

    I guess you don’t have a copy reader.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Guide To The Holidays
Shine A Light On The Holiday Season With ‘Giving Tuesday’

Listen Live