Local

Extra Security At 3 Concord Schools Following Threat

View Comments
A threat of violence lead to increased security measures at Concord High School, El Dorado Middle School and Westwood Elementary in Concord on October 21, 2011. (CBS)

A threat of violence lead to increased security measures at Concord High School, El Dorado Middle School and Westwood Elementary in Concord on October 21, 2011. (CBS)

CONCORD (CBS 5) — Extra security will be on hand at three schools in Concord on Friday, following a shooting threat sent to one of the campuses.

Parents were notified about the threat in a phone message Thursday evening by Superintendent Steven Lawrence of the Mount Diablo Unified School District.

“This afternoon, Concord High School received a threatening fax that stated someone would come to the campus (Friday) at 10 a.m. and shoot people,” Lawrence said in the message. “Concord High staff contacted the Concord police, who are investigating the matter.”

Increased security will be at Concord High School, along with neighboring El Dorado Middle School and Westwood Elementary. A similar threat was made to Alhambra High School in Martinez last week.

Sources told CBS 5 that teachers on all three campuses have been instructed to prepare the campus for any possible lockdown.

Police are not commenting on the security measures that will be taken on Friday.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 57,044 other followers