Antioch Man Remains Jailed After Occupy Oakland Arrest

OAKLAND (CBS / AP) — A 22-year-old Antioch man who has been charged with felony resisting arrest after last week’s Occupy Oakland march remains jailed.

The Oakland Tribune reports that most of the 101 adults arrested during the late night clash between protesters who occupied a building and police have been cited and released.

But an Alameda County judge on Monday set Roy Sorvari II’s bail at $15,000 and refused to release him on his own recognizance.

Arrest records cited by the Tribune allege that Sorvari tried to kick and hit an officer. His lawyer, Jeffrey Kaloustian, said his client was caught in the clash and had suffered two black eyes and a cut forehead.

Sorvari’s mother said her son is a former Boy Scout who went to the Occupy Oakland camp last Tuesday to help with security.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)


One Comment

  1. dbarco says:

    Watch out!!!! Now the BSA of will be joining in the OWS protests!!!
    What a crock!! Cited and released!!! All of those arrested should have been made to post bail.

  2. JR says:

    Secruity?? That’s funny.

  3. Angel Bethany says:

    This is BS. They were just on a fishing expedition to try and get what little proof they can to stop this occupation. The city should be providing more than one porta pottie and dump the trash cans on a regular basis. It’s safe enough.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live